Friday, June 27, 2014

Spicy Coconut Suya Prawns

Prawn Suya_
Coconut Prawn Suya with CousCous
A few weeks ago, my husband accused me of not throwing down at supper time (this is what happens when you throw down too often). Lol. Honestly though I hadn’t done anything creative for supper for a while and we are used to eating at least one experimental meal per week. Fast forward to a few days later, I got some prawns at the store but I still wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with them. I was finally inspired by my jar of coconut oil and here we are.
This is a must try recipe for everyone. It is fragrant, spicy and delicious.
Ingredients:
  • 20-25 large prawns (shelled, cleaned and deveined)
  • 1 heaped tablespoon suya spice
  • Juice of half a lemon
  • Salt to taste
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil (Melted)
  • 1 extra tablespoon coconut oil (if cooking stove top)
  • 6-7 bamboo skewers
Other : A grill, stove top griddle, or frying pan
Prawnsuya_ Direction:
  • Toss the prawns with some salt and lemon juice marinate for 30 minutes or overnight
Prawn suya 2_
  • Combine the suya spice and coconut oil – set aside
  • Discard any excess liquid from the prawns. combine the coconut suya mix with the prawns
Prawn suya 3_
  • Arrange 3-4 prawns on each skewer
  • If using a grill- cook the skewers for 2 minutes on each side

No comments:

Post a Comment